Souffle Roll-Up Recipe
Here's a "party pretty" omelet roll, topped with zesty mustard sauce, that offers make-ahead convenience on busy yuletide mornings. Best of all, I can be sure everyone's ham and eggs will be hot and ready at exactly the same time!
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- PARSLEY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. In a saucepan, combine flour and mayonnaise until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk flour and mayonnaise until smooth.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks until thickened; add milk, salt and pepper. Whisk into mayonnaise mixture; cook over medium-low heat until slightly thickened, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into mayonnaise mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Run a knife around edges to loosen; invert onto a kitchen towel. Gently peel off waxed paper. Combine the ham, cheese, parsley and onions; sprinkle over souffle to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up from short side. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate until completely cooled, about 2 hours or overnight.
- 5. In a blender, combine the parsley sauce ingredients; cover and process until almost smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. In a small bowl, combine mustard sauce ingredients; refrigerate until serving.
- 6. To reheat souffle, cover and bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through. In a small saucepan, heat parsley sauce over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Cut souffle with a serrated knife; serve with parsley sauce and mustard sauce. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 cups parsley sauce and 1-1/4 cup mustard sauce).
1 serving (1 piece) equals 699 calories, 64 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 425 mg cholesterol, 1,023 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Souffle Roll-Up
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC