Sorghum Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sorghum syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cloves, cardamom and nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, syrup and orange peel. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, cloves, cardamom and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Sorghum Cookies in Country Woman September/October 2006, p11
Reviews for Sorghum Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review