- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in remaining oil until
- tender. Add tomato mixture; cook and stir over medium heat for 10
- minutes or until very thick. Add the broth, corn, chicken and
- epazote; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30
- minutes. Stir in lime juice.
- Ladle soup into bowls; top with tortilla strips. Sprinkle with
- pasilla chilies. Garnish with avocado and lime if desired. Yield: 6
Editor’s Note: When handling peppers and chilies, disposable gloves are recommended. Avoid touching your face.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without avocado) equals 354 calories, 24 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 1,133 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.