Soothing Chicken Soup Recipe
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, simmer celery in broth until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Soothing Chicken Soup
"I love to make this recipe. It is very fast & easy and just has a good flavor. I usually add peas to it or mixed vegetables."
"This was a very tasty soup, but the murky color was a little off-putting. I used Mrs. Dash original blend instead of the seasoned salt and used Minute Brown Rice. I think I will try sauteing onion and garlic in place of the onion soup mix (to improve the color)-dry minced garlic and onion when I want to keep it quick. I will also add more veggies (to add more nutritional value and because I love veggies in my soup!) The poultry seasoning, Mrs. Dash and thyme were excellent!"
"Really, really GOOD soup! Out of habit, I added a bay leaf to my broth while I cooked my chicken, but it turned out to be a delicious addition. Keeper!"
"Excellent Soup. I exchanged a grain medley for the rice & doubled the thyme. It makes a lot."