If you didn’t think watermelon and cilantro could go together in dessert, this recipe will give you a pleasant surprise!—Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups seedless cubed watermelon
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Dash salt
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool completely.
- Puree watermelon in a blender. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in sugar syrup and remaining ingredients. Refrigerate until cold.
- Pour watermelon mixture into cylinder of ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sonoran Sunset Watermelon Ice in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2015, p242
Reviews for Sonoran Sunset Watermelon Ice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review