- 3 beef Ranch Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
- 1-3/4 cups frozen butter beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pint red and yellow cherry, grape or teardrop tomatoes, cut in half or quartered, if large
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Fresh basil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine Rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place spinach, beans, lemon juice, garlic and pepper in food processor container. With motor running, slowly add 2 tablespoons oil through opening in cover, processing until combined. Season with salt, as desired. Set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, cheese, olives and basil in medium bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and vinegar; toss well.
- Place beef steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove; let stand 5 minutes. Carve steaks into slices; season with salt, as desired. Evenly divided spinach mixture among 6 plate. Top with beef slices; spoon tomato salad over beef. Garnish with basil, if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sonoma Ranch Steak Salad in The Beef Checkoff 2014
Reviews for Sonoma Ranch Steak Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 14, 2014