Something Special Salad Recipe
"This is a good choice when a run-of-the-mill salad isn't special enough," writes Linda Wright of Okemos, Michigan. "I can a pound of bacon at a time and keep it in the freezer. With the added convenience of shredded cheese and packaged salad greens, there isn't much preparation time required.
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 5 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup seasoned salad croutons
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. shake well. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes and cheeses. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the croutons, almonds and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC