Something Special Salad Recipe
"This is a good choice when a run-of-the-mill salad isn't special enough," writes Linda Wright of Okemos, Michigan. "I can a pound of bacon at a time and keep it in the freezer. With the added convenience of shredded cheese and packaged salad greens, there isn't much preparation time required.
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 5 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup seasoned salad croutons
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. shake well. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes and cheeses. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the croutons, almonds and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Something Special Salad
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2011
"This is a great salad. I made the salad for a Christmas party, and added a little more cheese, and refrigerated the salad dressing ahead of time. My guest really enjoyed the dish, and served with french bread, this salad is delicious. Yumm"
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2010
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC