Something Special Salad Recipe
"This is a good choice when a run-of-the-mill salad isn't special enough," writes Linda Wright of Okemos, Michigan. "I can a pound of bacon at a time and keep it in the freezer. With the added convenience of shredded cheese and packaged salad greens, there isn't much preparation time required.
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 5 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup seasoned salad croutons
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. shake well. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes and cheeses. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the croutons, almonds and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Something Special Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p37
Reviews for Something Special Salad(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2011
This is a great salad. I made the salad for a Christmas party, and added a little more cheese, and refrigerated the salad dressing ahead of time. My guest really enjoyed the dish, and served with french bread, this salad is delicious. Yumm
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2010