Sombrero Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Catalina or Western salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Rinse pasta in cold water and drain; place in a large bowl. Add beef mixture, cheese, green pepper, onion, tomato and olives; mix well. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sombrero Pasta Salad(15)
Sort By :
We really like this. I only used 1 can of olives and added one can of green chilis. It was nicely sweet and zesty. We added crushed fritos to the top when we served it.
I made this salad today with a few changes.. I used a Pablano pepper (instead of the gr. bell pepper) and Creamy Italian Dressing with jarred mild salsa (instead of the tomato).. I forgot the cheese, but it tasted really good even w/o it...Oh I also used Mini Ziti (instead of spiral pasta)..I will definately make it again..
This salad is great for any potluck. Have made it many times and always have a request for the recipe. My favorite way to make it is with the Western dressing, cherry
tomatoes (cut in half), large shredded cheese and Rotelle pasta. Before serving crush Doritos over salad.
Just made this, was super fast and easy and I'm eating it as I type this review because I couldn't wait for it to get cold. So tasty!! Ended up using spicy ranch because I couldn't find a chipotle dressing at Luckys, but it still tastes delicious!
I gave this a 4 star because after adding the Catalina dressing the salad had a pinkish/orange color to it and wasn't very eye appealing. It had great flavor and we really liked it, but it was passed over because it didn't look appealing.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Cold Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >