I take this slightly spicy salad to almost every party or picnic I attend. Every time I come home with lots of compliments, but never any leftovers! - Patty Ehlen, Burlington, Wisconsin
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Catalina or Western salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Rinse pasta in cold water and drain; place in a large bowl. Add beef mixture, cheese, green pepper, onion, tomato and olives; mix well. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Sombrero Pasta Salad in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p87
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sombrero Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review