- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- BISCUIT TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer with chicken, chilies, cheese and tomato. In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk and hot pepper sauce. Pour over chicken mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cornmeal, milk and 3/4 cup onions. Drop into eight mounds over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes (topping will spread). Sprinkle with cheese and remaining onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sombrero Bake
Sort By :
"This is sooooo good. I only had a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, so I used that for the fresh tomato and canned green chilies and I used the liquid from the can for part of the milk. Also, I only had smoked hot pepper sauce so I had to use that. I will definitely make this again."
"I really liked this simple but very tasty meal. Hearty comforting flavor. I simplified it a little bit by just dolloping corn bread muffin mix on top."