Solo Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
A simple marinade flavors the chicken nicely in this meal-in-one rice dish from Bill Hilbrich of St. Cloud, Minnesota. "I keep meals interesting for myself by cooking creatively," he notes.
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons broth, soy sauce, garlic, sugar and ginger; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In a skillet, brown chicken in oil. Stir in the rice, mushrooms and remaining broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-17 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews for Solo Teriyaki Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC