Solo Chicken Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, mushrooms, onion and green pepper in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Combine flour and broth until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat. Add the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Serve over pasta. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 520 calories, 32 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 154 mg cholesterol, 1,371 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Solo Chicken Stroganoff
"You REALLY need to like Stroganoff to like this recipe. My husband and I ended up trying to doctor it in a lot of different ways in order to make the flavors more interesting. Not something we'd make again."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer