Solo Chicken Stroganoff
"I use chicken breasts as a base for building a variety of interesting meals," related Bill Hilbrich of St. Cloud, Minnesota. "This quick meal requires only on skillet plus a pan for the rice or pasta. Sometimes I change the recipe by adding a half cup of uncooked rice after the chicken and veggies have been sauteed."
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, mushrooms, onion and green
- pepper in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Combine flour and
- broth until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Add the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg; cook and
- stir until heated through (do not boil). Serve over pasta. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 520 calories, 32 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 154 mg cholesterol, 1,371 mg sodium,