"I use chicken breasts as a base for building a variety of interesting meals," related Bill Hilbrich of St. Cloud, Minnesota. "This quick meal requires only on skillet plus a pan for the rice or pasta. Sometimes I change the recipe by adding a half cup of uncooked rice after the chicken and veggies have been sauteed."
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, mushrooms, onion and green pepper in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Combine flour and broth until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Add the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Serve over pasta. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Solo Chicken Stroganoff in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p23
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Solo Chicken Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review