Sole with Cucumber Sauce Recipe
"Cucumbers and dill lend a mild pickle flavor to this sauce for sole," says Emily Chaney of Penobscot, Maine.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 sole or flounder fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1. In a large skillet, layer the cucumbers, onions, celery, parsley and dill; pour broth over all. Top with fillets; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Transfer fish to a serving platter and keep warm; reserve cucumber mixture in skillet. Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; add horseradish. Stir into skillet. Simmer for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over fish; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 278 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Sole with Cucumber Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC