Sole with Cucumber Sauce
"Cucumbers and dill lend a mild pickle flavor to this sauce for sole," says Emily Chaney of Penobscot, Maine.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 sole or flounder fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- In a large skillet, layer the cucumbers, onions, celery, parsley and
- dill; pour broth over all. Top with fillets; bring to a boil. Cover
- and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer fish to a serving platter and keep warm; reserve cucumber
- mixture in skillet. Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; add
- horseradish. Stir into skillet. Simmer for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Pour over fish; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 278 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.