"Cucumbers and dill lend a mild pickle flavor to this sauce for sole," says Emily Chaney of Penobscot, Maine.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 sole or flounder fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- In a large skillet, layer the cucumbers, onions, celery, parsley and dill; pour broth over all. Top with fillets; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer fish to a serving platter and keep warm; reserve cucumber mixture in skillet. Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; add horseradish. Stir into skillet. Simmer for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over fish; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sole with Cucumber Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p18
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sole with Cucumber Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review