- 8 sole fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Brush fillets with melted butter; sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Starting with a short side, roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Pour 1/2 cup milk over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add remaining milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in the cheese, sherry and tarragon.
- Drain pan juices from fish, reserving 1/4 cup; stir into cheese mixture. Pour over fish; sprinkle with paprika. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sole Thermidor in Reminisce June/July 2009, p48
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sole Thermidor(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review