Sole Fillets in Lemon Butter
“This is such a speedy, no-fuss and delicious way to prepare fish!” raves Barbara Sharon of Plymouth, Wisconsin. “My son started requesting this 'fish with crackers' as a little boy, and he still asks for it as an adult today.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 sole fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Place the sole in an ungreased microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. dish;
- sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley and lemon juice; pour
- over fillets. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Microwave, uncovered,
- for 3-4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle
- with paprika. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 213 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon