- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups grated zucchini, squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar; add the egg and mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini, nuts, raisins and orange peel. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies are set. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forSoft Zucchini Spice Cookies
"Very good and moist, but add a little flour to firm the batter."
"Made these tonight, they are delicious! I used a full 2 cups flour as someone suggested, 1tsp orange extract instead of peel, & 1/2 cp dried cranberries instead of raisins. LOVE THEM!!!! Can't wait to share with my coworkers tomorrow!"
"After reading the reviews, I thought I would try this. I did take the advice from Carrolltown Girl which the cookies turned out perfectly. I didn't have an orange so I modified and put in mandarin abstract and it was delicious. Thank you for sharing."
"Yummy, nice soft cookies. Good way to use zucchini"
"I added about 1/3 extra cup of flour to this recipe and baked about 15 minutes. Glazed with an orange juice and confectioners sugar glaze. Very good. Maybe would add about another 1/2 cup of raisins next time because I like raisins."
"These were a hit with everyone. I doubled the recipe and it wasn't enough!"
"The dough was very runny and the cookies were flat as pancakes :-) I don't know if the measurements are off on the recipe but my husband that has been a baker for 40 years said he thinks so........."
"might make again, but with a few alterations...batter was a bit thin, and cookies came out flat...would probably add at least another 1/4 c. flour ....cookies were not terribly sweet, and could use a little more sugar, so would probably add another 1/4 c. br. sugar....i got 48 cookies (level T.)...baked on parchment paper, so there was no need to grease the pan....the flavor was good."
"I am making them now, couln't find the recipe."
"Very yummy, wouldn't change a thing!"