- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar; add the egg and mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini, nuts, raisins and orange peel. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies are set. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Soft Zucchini Spice Cookies
Sort By :
"These were a hit with everyone. I doubled the recipe and it wasn't enough!"
"The dough was very runny and the cookies were flat as pancakes :-) I don't know if the measurements are off on the recipe but my husband that has been a baker for 40 years said he thinks so........."
"might make again, but with a few alterations...batter was a bit thin, and cookies came out flat...would probably add at least another 1/4 c. flour ....cookies were not terribly sweet, and could use a little more sugar, so would probably add another 1/4 c. br. sugar....i got 48 cookies (level T.)...baked on parchment paper, so there was no need to grease the pan....the flavor was good."
"I am making them now, couln't find the recipe."
"Very yummy, wouldn't change a thing!"