Soft Vegetable Tacos Recipe
This easy vegetarian tacos from Leona Strait of Colorado Springs, Colorado feature corn and black beans. They're easy and fast, and the heat can be adjusted depending on the type of salsa you choose.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1-2/3 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the corn, zucchini and onion in oil until tender.
- 2. Stir in beans and salsa. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Spoon a heaping 1/3 cupful onto half of each tortilla; top with sour cream and cheese. Fold tortilla over filling. Yield: 4 servings.
2 tacos equals 524 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 902 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC