Soft Vegetable Tacos Recipe
- 1-2/3 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the corn, zucchini and onion in oil until tender.
- 2. Stir in beans and salsa. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Spoon a heaping 1/3 cupful onto half of each tortilla; top with sour cream and cheese. Fold tortilla over filling. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 524 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 902mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Soft Vegetable Tacos
"I couldn't believe my husband didn't even ask what happened to the meat when I made this. I loved it, and husband and son went back for seconds!"
"Even my kids like this! I have also put it in the crockpot for a few hours, and it's ready when we are."
"Very easy! I followed the recommendation of others and added some taco seasoning, which worked very well. I also added some slices of avocado."
"Excellent taste and so easy to make. I add extra salsa and some chili powder because I like spicy. This recipe also keeps well in fridge and is easily warmed in microwave wrapped in a tortilla. Great to take for lunches."
"Wonderful blend of flavors! And easy to make! I made a vegan, no-cholesterol version using Daiya cheddar cheese and Tofutti sour cream. I also added some lightly browned seitan, for extra protein and chewiness."
"Wonderful blend of flavors! And easy to make, even for a weeknight! I made a vegan, no-cholesterol version using Daiya cheddar cheese and Tofutti sour cream. I also added some lightly browned seitan for some extra protein and chewiness."
"Fast, easy, and healthy! I add a little low-sodium taco seasoning and pepper flakes to enhance the flavor. This recipe is one of our favorites!"
"Very good. I added a table spoon of taco seasoning. My husband used the left overs to put in his morning omellete"
"Everybody liked it, the corn added a nice crunch texture. For the meat lover, I had a side of ground beef that I seasoned, so they could add it to the vegetable mix in their taco."
"I love this recipe! It sooo fast and tast great. I don't always have the zucchini on hand and have to make without and its still a hit!"
"This was so good. The combination of veggies just seemed to go really well together. My whole family loved the."