- 1-2/3 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the corn, zucchini and onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in beans and salsa. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon a heaping 1/3 cupful onto half of each tortilla; top with sour cream and cheese. Fold tortilla over filling. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Soft Vegetable Tacos
"Even my kids like this! I have also put it in the crockpot for a few hours, and it's ready when we are."
"Very easy! I followed the recommendation of others and added some taco seasoning, which worked very well. I also added some slices of avocado."
"Excellent taste and so easy to make. I add extra salsa and some chili powder because I like spicy. This recipe also keeps well in fridge and is easily warmed in microwave wrapped in a tortilla. Great to take for lunches."
"Wonderful blend of flavors! And easy to make! I made a vegan, no-cholesterol version using Daiya cheddar cheese and Tofutti sour cream. I also added some lightly browned seitan, for extra protein and chewiness."
"Wonderful blend of flavors! And easy to make, even for a weeknight! I made a vegan, no-cholesterol version using Daiya cheddar cheese and Tofutti sour cream. I also added some lightly browned seitan for some extra protein and chewiness."