- 1-2/3 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the corn, zucchini and onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in beans and salsa. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon a heaping 1/3 cupful onto half of each tortilla; top with sour cream and cheese. Fold tortilla over filling. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Soft Vegetable Tacos
"I couldn't believe my husband didn't even ask what happened to the meat when I made this. I loved it, and husband and son went back for seconds!"
"Even my kids like this! I have also put it in the crockpot for a few hours, and it's ready when we are."
"Very easy! I followed the recommendation of others and added some taco seasoning, which worked very well. I also added some slices of avocado."
"Wonderful blend of flavors! And easy to make! I made a vegan, no-cholesterol version using Daiya cheddar cheese and Tofutti sour cream. I also added some lightly browned seitan, for extra protein and chewiness."
"Wonderful blend of flavors! And easy to make, even for a weeknight! I made a vegan, no-cholesterol version using Daiya cheddar cheese and Tofutti sour cream. I also added some lightly browned seitan for some extra protein and chewiness."
"Very good. I added a table spoon of taco seasoning. My husband used the left overs to put in his morning omellete"
"Everybody liked it, the corn added a nice crunch texture. For the meat lover, I had a side of ground beef that I seasoned, so they could add it to the vegetable mix in their taco."