Soft Valentine Cutouts
Mrs. Helen Giroux, Hampton, New York
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Red colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, sour cream
- and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add
- to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until easy
- to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in.
- apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar. Bake
- at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to
- wire racks. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 234 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium,