Soft Tried 'n' True Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
When I want to offer friend and family a tried-and-true cookie, this is the recipe I turn to. Use either creamy or crunchy peanut butter with delicious results.—Emma Lee Granger, La Pine, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:27 servings
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and water. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoons 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC