When I want to offer friend and family a tried-and-true cookie, this is the recipe I turn to. Use either creamy or crunchy peanut butter with delicious results.—Emma Lee Granger, La Pine, Oregon
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and water. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Tried 'n' True Peanut Butter Cookies in Taste of Home Baking Book 2011, p35
Reviews for Soft Tried 'n' True Peanut Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review