- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and water. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Soft Tried 'n' True Peanut Butter Cookies
Sort By :
"NIce soft texture which we enjoy. I sprinkled a little sugar on the tops before baking. Makes them look pretty. I also used 1 C real butter in place of the shortening. Turned out well."
"These are in my mind the perfect peanut butter cookie. I use dark brown sugar for an even richer flavor. For half the cookies I added m&m's because my husband loves them. I stored them in an air tight container and they remained soft. This is my go to recipe for peanut butter cookies."