- 1 cup fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, 2 tablespoons green chilies, onion and salt. Crumble the beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 5-in. patties. Top each patty with 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese; fold in half and press edges to seal, forming a half moon.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on tortillas with lettuce, tomato, salsa and remaining chilies. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Soft Taco Burgers
"I liked this recipe. I would add cumin to the meat next time for flavor but you could really taste the beans and the bbq flavor in the meat. I did take out the onions and glad i did. It might have caused the meat to brake up to much"