Soft Sweet Potato Biscuuits Recipe
This was one of my great-grandmother's favorite recipes. I'm 87, so you can bet this recipe has stood the test of time! I like to make these biscuits often during winter since they're a good complement to any hearty meal...very tasty when served hot with butter!
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 4 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening and sweet potatoes until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough milk just until dough clings together. Knead lightly on a floured surface.
- Roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. biscuit cutter and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Biscuits in Reminisce January/February 1994, p51
Reviews for Soft Sweet Potato Biscuuits(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review