Soft Sugar Cookies with Sour Cream Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Colored sugar or sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Divide dough in half.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Using a floured spatula, place shapes 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar or sprinkles if desired.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 148 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Soft Sugar Cookies with Sour Cream
"Not crazy about this recipe. I refrigerated overnight for easier rolling of the dough but needed to add more flour to surface to keep from sticking which than made the dough tough. It seemed like you could not have enough flour to keep sticking each time you rolled it out which at the end the cookie tasted floury and tough. I would not make again. The taste was bland even though the sour cream and nutmeg were in the recipe."
"Nothing fantastic here."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.