Soft Sugar Cookies with Sour Cream Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Colored sugar or sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Divide dough in half.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Using a floured spatula, place shapes 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar or sprinkles if desired.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 148 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.