Soft Sugar Cookie Puffs
My husband's Aunt Laurel always made these cake-like cookies with her own farm-fresh eggs, cream and butter. Now I prepare batches for Christmas each year. We like them because they're not overly sweet.
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Assorted colored sugars, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs; add cream and beat well. Beat in the sugar,
- butter and almond extract. Combine flour and baking powder;
- gradually add to sugar mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or
- until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Cut with 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart
- on greased baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle with colored sugars,
- pressing sugar into dough if needed.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly
- browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 104 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.