Soft Sugar Cookie Puffs Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Assorted colored sugars, optional
- 1. In a bowl, beat eggs; add cream and beat well. Beat in the sugar, butter and almond extract. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to sugar mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle with colored sugars, pressing sugar into dough if needed.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 104 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Soft Sugar Cookie Puffs
"These cookies are delicious! My children and I bought cookie cutters to bake for Christmas and just happened to come across this recipe! Family, friends, everyone...raved about the thickness and the fluffiness. The whipping cream does it! We just bought our Easter cookie cutters and again, will be using this recipe. Cannot wait to hear all the "oooo's" and "ahhhhhh's" again. Well done!"
"Did not care for these at all. They have a cornbread texture to them. Would not recommend to anyone."
"These are fantastic cookies!!! They are very light and fluffy."