- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Assorted colored sugars, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs; add cream and beat well. Beat in the sugar, butter and almond extract. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to sugar mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle with colored sugars, pressing sugar into dough if needed.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Soft Sugar Cookie Puffs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p31
Reviews for Soft Sugar Cookie Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2011
"Did not care for these at all. They have a cornbread texture to them. Would not recommend to anyone."
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2011
"These are fantastic cookies!!! They are very light and fluffy."