Soft Spice Bars
"These bars have the old-fashioned taste of gingersnaps, but they're chewy and quick to fix," writes Sharon Nichols from her kitchen in Brookings, South Dakota.
30 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl, combine butter, 1 cup sugar and molasses. Beat in
- egg until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves,
- ginger and salt; stir into the molasses mixture.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle
- with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until
- lightly browned (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into
- bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 110 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.