Soft Sesame Breadsticks
I've been making these tasty breadsticks that go with almost any meal for years. Since they use ingredients like flour, sugar, baking powder and milk, it's convenient and inexpensive to mix up a batch.
-Nancy Johnson, Connersville, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar,
- baking powder and salt. Gradually add milk and stir to form a soft
- dough. Turn onto a floured surface, knead gently 3-4 times. Roll
- into a 10x5x1/2-in. rectangle; cut into 12 breadsticks.
- Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking pan. Place breadsticks in butter
- and turn to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 14-18 minutes or
- until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 257 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.