Soft Sesame Breadsticks Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Gradually add milk and stir to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface, knead gently 3-4 times. Roll into a 10x5x1/2-in. rectangle; cut into 12 breadsticks.
- 2. Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking pan. Place breadsticks in butter and turn to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
3 each: 257 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Soft Sesame Breadsticks
"Love this recipe, easy and delicious...I doubled the recipe and by the end of dinner, only one was left..."
"My oven was giving me problems so I decided to fry them instead and they turned out great! They're SO good. I didn't put the sesame on them though. Instead I did garlic salt and parmesean cheese."
"Just made this to go with spaghetti! I used garlic salt on them!!!! Delish!"
"Perfect solution for breadsticks during a snow day when I didn't have yeast! Everyone enjoyed them -used garlic rather than sesame seeds to accompany lasagna!"
"These were terrific! I ommitted the sesame seeds and instead used a blend of 1/4c melted butter, 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese and 1/4 tsp garlic salt, I put 2/3 of the mixture in the bottom of the 9x13 pan and baked the breadsticks, then brushed the tops of baked sticks with remaining 1/3 of mixture. Absolutely delicious, and my husband who swears he doesn't like non-yeast bread items loved it!"
"This recipe is good with Parmesan cheese also."
"these Breadsticks are quick and easy to make and taste wonderful fresh out of the oven! My husband loves them with garlic butter!"
"I sprinkled with Parmesan cheese instead of sesame seeds. yummy!"
"I wont make this again as breadsticks but i think it would make a very good pizza crust!"
"Very soft dough. Need quite a bit of flour to knead dough, although I think that's what makes them so tender. I added 1/4 tsp. each basil, oregano, & thyme, 1 tsp. parsley, & 1/8 tsp. garlic powder. We like garlic so I"ll add 1/4 tsp. next time."
"These needed more flour. Were very sticky and hard to manage. I added flour"