I've been making these tasty breadsticks that go with almost any meal for years. Since they use ingredients like flour, sugar, baking powder and milk, it's convenient and inexpensive to mix up a batch. -Nancy Johnson, Connersville, Indiana
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Gradually add milk and stir to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface, knead gently 3-4 times. Roll into a 10x5x1/2-in. rectangle; cut into 12 breadsticks.
- Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking pan. Place breadsticks in butter and turn to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Soft Breadsticks in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p31
Reviews for Soft Sesame Breadsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review