Soft Sandwich Buns Recipe
"I bake these soft and golden sandwich buns a few times a week because my whole family loves them," reports Lesa Young of Turpin, Oklahoma. "I made 300 for a wedding reception and received compliments for weeks afterward."
- 1-1/4 cups milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and punch down. Divide dough in half. Roll each portion to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Brush tops with melted butter. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 126 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC