Soft Sandwich Buns
"I bake these soft and golden sandwich buns a few times a week because my whole family loves them," reports Lesa Young of Turpin, Oklahoma. "I made 300 for a wedding reception and received compliments for weeks afterward."
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + rising Bake: 10 min.
- 1-1/4 cups milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured
- surface and punch down. Divide dough in half. Roll each portion to
- 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on
- lightly greased baking sheets. Brush tops with melted butter. Cover
- and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at
- 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 1-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 126 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.