- 1-1/4 cups milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoon Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and punch down. Divide dough in half. Roll each portion to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Brush tops with melted butter. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Soft Sandwich Buns
Sort By :
"I've always found sandwich rolls rise too high and make the sandwich more bread than filling and my boyfriend hates that! These, however, are different. They don't tower up and they're substantial enough to hold some sloppy (wet) ingredients without falling apart. I love them! What a great recipe. Thanks for submitting."
"These rolls are awsome! My husband requests them weekly instead of buying store bought bread. Wouldn't change a thing about them."
"I use this recipe all the time. My family loves it. Top notch and easy."
"These were delicious rolls. I made them yesterday for pulled pork sandwiches but the kids enjoyed them as regular dinner rolls and then I used them this morning to make breakfast sandwiches and they were amazing. I will make these again and again."
"This is a fabulous go to recipe as is or with powdered ranch added. have rolled this out and made pizza buns also good. I use this recipe at least weekly.. thank you"