Soft Pumpkin Yeast Bread Recipe
This large hearty loaf is a perfect way to round out fall meals. Canned pumpkin, a little brown sugar and ground walnuts give the bread its seasonal flavor and appearance without a lot of fuss on my part.
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup warm evaporated milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 142 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC