Soft Pumpkin Yeast Bread
This large hearty loaf is a perfect way to round out fall meals. Canned pumpkin, a little brown sugar and ground walnuts give the bread its seasonal flavor and appearance without a lot of fuss on my part.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup warm evaporated milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 142 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.