This large hearty loaf is a perfect way to round out fall meals. Canned pumpkin, a little brown sugar and ground walnuts give the bread its seasonal flavor and appearance without a lot of fuss on my part.
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup warm evaporated milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Soft Pumpkin Yeast Bread in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p28
Reviews for Soft Pumpkin Yeast Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review