- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup warm evaporated milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Soft Pumpkin Yeast Bread
Sort By :
Love this bread. I have made this bread many times. Sometimes I left out spice and nuts or just shaped into dinner rolls. They all turned out great. It?s a keeper.
I think this bread is an acquired taste. It is delicious in it's own way. And I did as suggested in other reviews and made the remaining into french toast, which was very good.
Made this bread for dinner, was great right out of the pan sliced thick. Served with stew. Everyone loved it. Didn't care to much for it toasted, but did use it for french toast which was excellent.
Made this last night for my family. Not only was it delicious, but the kitchen smelled so good as it baked!! The kids were *dying* to give it a try!! We'll have the leftovers toasted for breakfast this morning. Will definitely make again.
Check out Kelly Kirby's Buttercup Yeast Bread Recipe here at TOH--that should work for azilu to make by hand.