This double feature of dippers and sauce takes only a short time to prepare. The little pretzels are easily shaped using refrigerated breadstick dough. While they bake, mix together the mustard dip.
Recommended: 29 Recipes For Ballpark-Favorite Foods
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- On an unfloured surface, roll each breadstick into a 20-in. rope; twist into a pretzel shape. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack. For mustard dip, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with pretzels. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Soft Pretzels with Mustard in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p58
Reviews forSoft Pretzels with Mustard
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 17, 2009
"instead of salt, add sesame seeds."