Soft Orange Marmalade Cookies Recipe
My family likes a soft cookie, and this recipe is one of their favorites. The frosting is so pretty and the marmalade is flavorful, plus it keeps the cookies nice and tender.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:78 servings
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine sour cream and orange marmalade; set aside. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, combine butter and marmalade. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until blended. Frost cookies. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 88 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC