Soft Orange Custard Recipe
This creamy custard with a splash of sunshiny citrus flavor can brighten any gray day. It's a light, lovely dessert! —Sue Friend, Lynden, Washington
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the eggs, flour and salt. Beat for about 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the orange juice, orange peel and lemon juice. Stir in milk.
- 2. Pour into five 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Add 1 in. of boiling water to pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove ramekins from water bath. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 5 servings.
1/2 cup equals 208 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Soft Orange Custard
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC