Soft Orange Custard
This creamy custard with a splash of sunshiny citrus flavor can brighten any gray day. It's a light, lovely dessert! —Sue Friend, Lynden, Washington
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs, flour and salt. Beat for about 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Add the orange juice, orange peel and lemon juice. Stir
- in milk.
- Pour into five 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in a
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Add 1 in. of boiling water to pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove ramekins from water
- bath. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 208 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium,