- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the eggs, flour and salt. Beat for about 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the orange juice, orange peel and lemon juice. Stir in milk.
- Pour into five 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Add 1 in. of boiling water to pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove ramekins from water bath. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Soft Orange Custard
Sort By :
"I am an avid baker and this recipe didn't turn out very well. I had difficulty getting it to set and the texture was not good. In fact, I had made it for a dinner for my in-laws and ended up throwing it out and serving them leftover Christmas dainties."
"I used 1/4 cup pureed mango, 1/2 t of vanilla powder,1/2C sugar, 2% milk, and otherwise followed it. It has a great flavor and color. FYI, one mango will give you about 3/4C puree, so use the rest in a smoothie!:)"
"I had to change the recipe for gluten free and diabetic, so I replaced the flour with sweet rice flour and also used Splenda, and I liked the recipe. I love custard and I thought this was wonderful and I will make it again. I should make a regular recipe so that I can compare it to my revision."
"can this be made in another dish rather than ramekins which I do not have?"
"Mmmmmm...This was great! I loved the citrusy taste, and I don't usally enjoy that. Very good. I will definity make it again."