- 1-1/2 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in foil and place in resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 20 slices).
Reviews for Soft Oatmeal Bread
"I followed he recipe exactly. The only problem I had, was as soon as the bread machine started to bake, the bread completely sunk in the middle. It had risen beautifully and just sunk. I looked up reasons this might happen and found it could be too much liquid in the recipe? Anyone else have this experience? Next time I will bake it in the oven. The bottom half did come out nicely with a good cust and tastes really good. Will try just the dough cycle next time and bake in the oven."
"anyone have this recipe for 1 lb loaf? should I just cut in half?"
"This bread is amazing! It's light and tasty, will definitely make again as it was enjoyed by all!"
"I've been looking for a recipe that suits my family of five and this one's a hit! It's moist and flavorful without overpowering the younger tastebuds."