- 1-1/2 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in foil and place in resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 20 slices).
Reviews for Soft Oatmeal Bread
"This bread is so soft and delicious. As the dough was mixing, it looked a lot moister than my normal bread machine recipes. I think the oatmeal soaks up some of the moisture, so I didn't add a lot of extra flour while mixing."
"anyone have this recipe for 1 lb loaf? should I just cut in half?"
"This bread is amazing! It's light and tasty, will definitely make again as it was enjoyed by all!"
"I've been looking for a recipe that suits my family of five and this one's a hit! It's moist and flavorful without overpowering the younger tastebuds."