Soft Oatmeal Apricot Cookies Recipe
These cookies are a real attention-getter because of their spicy flavor. They are the perfect snack for a cool fall day.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, chopped
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Beat in molasses. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into batter. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls and place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until browned. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 138 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC