These cookies are a real attention-getter because of their spicy flavor. They are the perfect snack for a cool fall day.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, chopped
- In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Beat in molasses. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into batter. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Shape into 1-in. balls and place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until browned. Yield: 7 dozen.
Originally published as Soft Oatmeal Apricot Cookies in Country October/November 1997, p51
Reviews for Soft Oatmeal Apricot Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review