Soft Oat Rolls Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, pour boiling water over cereal. Add the butter and salt. Let stand until mixture cools to 110°-115°, stirring occasionally. Add the sugar, egg, yeast and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 149 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Soft Oat Rolls
"verry soft and good rolls. Light oat flavor. they were a hit with the seniors at the center."