Soft Molasses Jumbles Recipe
These old-fashioned cookies are given a new twist with raisins and chocolate chips.—Margaret Adamson, Gaithersburg, Maryland
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine molasses and buttermilk. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with molasses mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in raisins and chocolate chips.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 157 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Soft Molasses Jumbles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC