Soft Molasses Jumbles Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine molasses and buttermilk. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with molasses mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in raisins and chocolate chips.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 157 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Soft Molasses Jumbles
"First made Sep 2011. We love molasses cookies and these fit the bill. Subbed 1 c ww flour and regular milk. omitted raisins. Will definitely make again."
"I've been looking for a recipe like this for a while. The cookies are so soft and have great molasses flavor. I doubled both the cinnamon and ginger and omitted the raisins and chocolate chips. I used an ice cream scoop 3/4 full, so I got 2 dozen beautiful cookies."
"Very good! Taste great."
"I bake quite often, and have tons of cookie recipes at my fingertips. My eyebrows raised when I read this one. My hubby likes a soft cake like cookie, I love anything with molasses. I enjoyed the unique flavor combination with the molasses, ginger- plus raisin and chocolate chips- different right?I have to say I substituted the mini chocolate chips and made them exactly as recipe calls for. They are good- and I will make them again, however next time I will add a full teaspoon of the cinnamon and also ginger called for, just to give them a bit more of the gingersnap flavor. Nice cookie- try it!"